25 July 2016

Curried Coconut Pumpkin Soup

I love pumpkin soup, it is my go to soup in the winter, but lately I've been craving something with a bit more bite, a bit more heat to warm me up these cold winter nights. I made this for dinner last night, it was delicious with just the right amount of heat I was looking for. It's also quick and easy, perfect for dinner on those busy weeknights or weekend lunch on a cold,  rainy day.


Ingredients

2 tablespoons yellow curry paste (I use Valcom)
1/4 cup of leek, finely sliced (you could use an onion if you prefer)
1½ tablespoons of peanut or olive oil
750g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
250g orange sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
2 cups vegetable stock
400ml can of coconut cream

Method

Place peanut or olive oil in a large saucepan and place on stove top over a medium heat, add leek (or onion) and sauté until leek is transparent. Add curry paste and cook until fragrant.

Add pumpkin, sweet potato, coconut cream and vegetable stock, stir to combine. Cover pot, increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes or until pumpkin and sweet potato are tender.

Remove pot from stove and allow to cool slightly. Mash pumpkin/sweet potato mix and then blend with a blending stick or food processor until smooth. 

Please note - You are more than welcome to share my recipes on your own blog providing that you link back to my blog and do not claim the recipe as your own.


0 comments:

Post a Comment