05 January 2017

Ten Raised Garden Beds To Inspire You

Raised garden beds, they seem to be the way to grow these days, so if you have been thinking of making some for yourself and are looking for some inspiration, look no further. 

Use logs to impart a rustic feel to your raised beds.

You could also get that rustic look by using old corrugated galvanised steel in different shapes.
Credit for this image has been given to this website, but I have been unable to find it there.

Source unknown
This  gorgeous garden is actually part of a school playground in Clapham, London,  I think all schools should follow this example.

Try using different shapes in the garden to add some visual interest like this garden designed by Casa Smith Designs.
The owners of this garden have planted a dwarf lemon tree in the centre of the star bed.

Using retaining wall blocks makes it easy to add curves to raised beds.

Source

Add some whimsy to your vegetable garden by using a bed as a bed.
Source unknown.

If you only have a small space to grow in try one of these ideas.
Source 

Source


Source

So there you are, just a few ideas to get you started, if you decide to use one of these ideas let me know I'd love to see it.

Disclaimer: I try to give credit to the owners of all the images I use, sometimes this is not possible, those images where the source is unknown will be assumed to be in the public domain. If you are the owner of any of these images (source unknown) and would like them removed or credit added, please let me know

6 comments:

  1. What great ideas, Jan. I agree with you that every school should have food gardens, and thankfully my boy's does. Chickens, too. All to learn about where food comes from and what goes into growing what we eat. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lucky are your boys, they are getting an education that most kids will miss out on.

      Delete
  2. Appreciate your ideas. In this world now a days all food has become poison by adding many medicines to get more yield. So when we grow in our houses we will not add too much of medicine for the yield and that will be healthy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is terrible the amount of chemicals used to grow food these days which is why I try to grow as much as possible for myself. Thanks for dropping by my blog, I'm glad that you enjoyed the ideas I shared.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jan :)

    There's so many ideas here that it makes me want to dig into the dirt right now. Too bad it's too early just yet ;)

    Thank you so much for your visit and I'm glad you found me again :)

    rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post, thanks for dropping by.

      Delete